Tim’s 20-year career started in the UK, with periods spent at:
- 90 Park Lane, Michelin-starred restaurant at The Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London. (Consultant chef Louis Outier).
- The Waterside Inn, three-Michelin-star restaurant in Bray, Berkshire (chef patron Michel Roux).
- The Halkin, Michelin-starred restaurant in Belgravia, London (executive chef Paul Gayler and consultant chef Gaultiero Marchesi).
- Sandy Lane Hotel and Golf Club in St James, Barbados. (A Forte Exclusive Hotel and member of Leading Hotels of the World).
- The Westcliff in Johannesburg, South Africa. (Orient Express African Collection and member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World).
- Saxon Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa. (Member of Leading Hotels of the World).
- The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, Red Sea, Egypt. (Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World).
- Rasayana LLC, an organic restaurant project in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Como Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
Tim gained a reputation as a talented and versatile chef and was soon being offered senior positions at leading hotels of the world. He and Clare were enamoured with the atmosphere and attention to hospitality at many of these venues, and they now emulate this guest-first approach at ODE.
A celebrated chef Tim has achieved recognition from Michelin, The Good Food Guide, AA, Hardens, Sustainable Restaurant Association, Taste of the West and the National Organics Awards.
Tim has undertaken extensive work to foster the development of culinary arts worldwide, serving as an adjudicator in culinary competitions, a teacher and mentor for various training institutes. Tim is committed to inspiring our generation of young Chefs.